Swedish Massage: uses a system of long strokes, kneading and friction techniques on the more superficial layers of the muscles, combined with active and passive movements of the joints. Used primarily for a full body session: promotes general relaxation, improves circulation and range of motion, relieves muscle tension.
Experience a relaxing massage while you improve the overall health and well being of your body’s systems. This massage is perfect for those who want to relieve stress and tension. Swedish massage is the most common form of massage therapy practiced in the United States. The therapist (using massage oil or lotion) employs long, smooth strokes, kneading and other movements that focus on the superficial layers of muscle.
What Are The Benefits of Swedish Massage?
- stimulates the relaxation response within your nervous system
- lowers levels of stress hormones such as cortisol
- relieves symptoms of stress and anxiety
- increases blood circulation to your tissues
- brings oxygen and other nutrients to body tissues
- helps eliminate waste and toxins stored in your muscles
- enhances the immune system
- relieves muscle tension and pain
- increases flexibility and mobility
- improves energy and alertness